** Australian pressing
Recorded in Australia by famed Adelaide Producer Matt Hills, “The Red Coats” is Brillig’s debut acoustic album.
It has been released throughout Europe, UK, Russia & North America by German label Black Rain, to coincide with Brillig’s international festival debut and CD Launch Tour. It was launched in Brillig’s hometown of Adelaide, Australia in March 2010 during the Adelaide Fringe Festival, and national tour dates will be announced shortly.
Continuing in the same acoustic style as the Jack Davey EP (2008), the new 12 track album also contains more up-tempo songs, sea shanties, a beautiful ghost story, a tribute to Brillig’s favourite drink Absinthe, and of course the requisite folk murder ballads.
The CD has gathered rave reviews:
* “9.5 out of 10” – ORKUS Magazine (Germany)
* “a total work of art.”- MEDIENKONVERTER (Germany)
* “a masterpiece …musical pearls full of fragility & grace.” – USELINKS (Germany)
* “Absolutely recommendable.”- DARK MOMENTS (Germany)
* “The offspring between Nick Cave & The Pogues. ” SIDE-LINE (Belgium)